Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Monica Lewinsky Fires Back At Beyonce's 'Partition' Lyric



“Thanks, Beyoncé, but if we’re verbing, I think you meant ‘Bill Clinton’d all on my gown,’ not ‘Monica Lewinsky’d.’”
Monica Lewinsky has some words for Beyoncé following a not-so-flattering lyrical reference to her.
On one of the standout tracks from Beyoncé's self-titled 2013 surprise album, Bey rap-sings:
"Now my mascara running, red lipstick smudged
Oh he so horny, he want to fuck
He popped all my buttons, and he ripped my blouse
He Monica Lewinski'd all on my gown"

Finally, Lewinsky herself has issued her long-awaited rebuttal to this circa-1998-scandalous couplet.
In an interview for the May 8 issue of Vanity Fair, the former White House intern says, “Thanks, Beyoncé, but if we’re verbing, I think you meant ‘Bill Clinton’d all on my gown,’ not ‘Monica Lewinsky’d.’”
It's doubtful Vanity Fair readers needed to have this fine detail spelled out for them, though she certainly has a point here.

So far -- not-so-shockingly -- there's been no response from Beyoncé. But Lewinsky should expect a visit from the Beygency any... second... now.

No comments: