Thursday, February 27, 2014

Saeon Denies Dating Uti Nwanchukwu


  A couple of days ago The Punch Newspapers published a story on it’s website about singer-songwriter SAEON with the  headline ‘UTI AND I ARE IN LOVE’, The singer has however denied dating Uti Nwachukwu, stating that they are very close friends.


Below is her full statement during an interview in Lagos yesterday;

“Anyways I didn’t tell punch anything. They just fabricated whatever they fabricated. What rumour are they spreading first of all before I implicate myself? I met with someone from the Punch yes I did, I granted them an interview. The interview was supposed to focus solely on my new single featuring Wizkid which it did not. I obviously spoke about Uti Nwachukwu who is my very good friend; I’ve known him for years.
Yes that’s what I said to them when they asked me what going on, we hear that you guys are in a relationship. I didn’t confirm or not confirm. I just said that Uti is my very good friend, we are close, we have known each other for years, he’s kind hearted, he’s God fearing, he’s good looking, you know and that was what I said and they came out and said that I’m madly in love with Uti. So I mean Nigeria is not a country where you can go and sue someone for libel and stuff.
Nigeria has not got to that stage yet. I mean so I cannot take punch to court. Laughs I’d rather use the money that I’ll use to pay the lawyer to fund my career. You know which is what I’m trying to do now; focus on my career and just take it to the greatest heights.”


No comments: