Thursday, March 5, 2015

How To Make Your Brand A Star- The Coca-Cola “Share a Coke” Example



Consumers are interested in recognition as much as the value a brand/product offers. Therefore, a brand that is able to shift the role of telling its qualities into the hands of the target rather than brand handlers will surely win the hearts of the consumers. I can authoritatively tell you that many people who drink coke today were not really into coke. But the share a coke campaign has made some people addict to it. I have been bought a lot of Coca-Cola by friends just because my name was cited on the plastic.
The beauty of this kind of campaign is the feeling of recognition, personalisation and respect its generates,  which ultimately lead to purchase decision.
This is a once in a while idea, this kind of killer idea only comes nonce in about 50 years.
My advice is as a brand, kindly allow your targets to be fully involved in your brand, give them beneficial roles, they will play it well.
I hope other brands can tap into this form of recognition, I’m not saying you should copy, but have it at the back of your mind that consumers’ decisions in your  campaign process is crucial.
Finally, I believe the person who conceived the SHARE A COKE campaign deserves to be recognised.

No comments: