Monday, March 10, 2014

Quickteller Has Become A Fraud?


It was Friday, March 7th 2014. I have had a hectic day at the training I went for at Sheraton Hotel, Ikeja, Lagos. After the training, I checked my phone, boom, there were a lot of miss calls that I needed to return. After maneuvering my way through the traffic, I got to a STANBIC IBTC ATM in Ogba and immediately parked so as to recharge my MTN phone with quickteller service.

When I inserted my credit card the first time, the message that displayed shows “transaction cannot be completed” and my card was immediately ejected by the machine itself and I was debited. I repeated it, the same thing happened again. I tweeted at them, no reply and all attempt to make them communicate reasons for these unnecessary deductions without service has so far failed.

I Never knew that my case is one out of plenty, when I discussed this with my friend Joe, he said he has had the same experience.

My research shows that various people have fallen victim of Quickteller inept attitude and unnecessary deductions without crediting the victim .

I interviewed about 15 people and about 10 of them have had that experience without any explanation from Quickteller or the bank that  was used.

The painful thing about this is  not the money, but the act of total disregard for we the users of Quickteller. 



No comments: